Receive the latest articles for free. Click here to get the Luxury Daily newsletters.
How consumers will use their mobile devices during the holidaysBy Giselle Tsirulnik
‘Tis the season to be shopping – mobile shopping, that is.
Here is a compilation of mcommerce-related stats, which pay special attention to how consumers will be using their mobile devices this holiday season.
• Sixty-seven percent of consumers plan to make a purchase via mobile this holiday season (PayPal). PayPal is processing $10,000 per minute in mobile payment volume, so the 67 percent is no surprise.
• Approximately 52 percent of smartphone users will use their device to research products, redeem coupons and use apps to assist in their holiday gift purchase (Acquity Group).
• Almost 60 million consumers will have shopped on their phones Black Friday and Cyber Monday (InMobi).
• Twenty-five percent of consumers will use mobile sites to buy gifts this year (Compete).
• Although the main drive for using mobile devices for purchasing decisions is connected with deals and offers, consumers are also willing to use their devices to make a purchasing decision easier. Fifty-six percent of consumers surveyed said they would use their mobile device to find a store location, compare prices, research deals and coupons, find a product or make a purchase (Mobile Marketing Association).
• Forty-three percent of mobile shoppers have downloaded a retail app (Retrevo).
• Thirty-three percent of consumers are interested in joining a mobile loyalty program (Hipcricket).
• The survey of chief financial officers at the top 100 largest retailers found that 100 percent of the 10 biggest and 54 percent of the entire list plan to increase their mobile investment next year. Additionally, 86 percent view mobile as an opportunity and only 11 percent see it as a threat (BDO Chicago).
• Sixty-five percent of mobile users said they used their mobile device to find a business to make an in-store purchase (Google).
• A large volume of mobile search results will generate last-minute shopping. In fact, 44 percent of total searches for last-minute gifts and store locators will be from mobile devices (Google).
The main point is that more people than ever before will be using their mobile devices for direct holiday purchases or to aid in gift buying.
Mobile is the new way to skip the lines at the malls this holiday season and retailers need to take note for the holidays and beyond.
Like this article? Sign up for a free subscription to Mobile Commerce Daily's must-read newsletters. Click here!
Related content: None Found leave a response, or trackback from your own site.